Roast Beef Recipe
Roast Beef is an excellent meal, easier to prepare than most people think, and is a very good way to impress your guests. When I make this Roast Beef Recipe I like to serve it with baked potatoes and stewed mushrooms.
- Boneless Beef Tenderloin, 4lbs pre-strung
- Olive Oil, ¼ cup
- Salt, 2 teaspoons
- Ground Pepper, 2 teaspoons
- Garlic clove, 1 finely smashed/pureed
- Garlic Powder, ½ teaspoon
- Onion Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Butter, 3 tablespoons
- Red Wine, 4 cups
1. Remove meat from refrigerator about 3 hours prior to cooking to bring it to room temperature.
2. Pre-heat oven to 550 degrees.
3. Mix salt, pepper, garlic, onion and garlic powder together in small bowl.
4. Spray a shallow roasting pan with Pam or line pan with aluminum foil.
5. Rub the olive oil all over the meat to coat it.
6. Rub meat all over generously with seasonings from bowl.
7. Place meat in roasting pan.
8. Cook for about 30 minutes (for rare meat cook 5 minutes per pound, medium-rare 6 ½ minutes, medium-well 8 minutes).
9. When cooking time has ended turn off oven, but DO NOT open oven.
10. Leave meat in oven until oven has cooled off (about 1-2 hours) and then remove to a warmed platter. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes while you make the sauce.
11. Deglaze roasting pan by adding red wine and bring to a boil and whisk in 3 tablespoons of butter and a pinch of salt and ground pepper.
12. Place sauce in serving container and serve with Roast Beef.
Remember these two things when making this Roast Beef recipe: make sure the oven is pre-heated and let the cooked meat rest before carving it. Enjoy!